Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Hey everyone! Lots of stuff happening at the Harrigan house!

Tim is getting ready to leave for training...that will likely be the last time I see him until he gets back from his deployment. We've been blessed, though....I've gotten to see him quite frequently over the past 2 months and I might try to go see him before he actually deploys. Who knows!!! There are a few things we could use prayer for:

~ Tim's physical fitness - he has a hard time running because he has flat feet. Pray that he will be able to improve on his running and he will be able to see progress made with is weight loss goals.

~ Safety - Pray that God would overwhelm him with his warring angels and the blood of Jesus. Pray for protection over his body, soul and mind. Pray that he would cling to Jesus and fall even more in love with Him every day.

~ My moving situation - I need motivation to pack! Pray that I would be able to downsize what we have and that people would be gracious enough to let us store some things at their places so we don't have to pay for a storage unit. Pray also that while living with my in-laws, I will learn humility and be able to transition well from having my own place, to not a lot of space.

~ Dog situation - We need to find our dog a home. Tim's parents are not wanting me to bring my dog, so pray that I can find a great home for Major and pray that it can be done before July 31st. Also, pray that we might be able to find someone willing to take care of Major for a year so we can eventually have him again...I would hate to give him up forever...he's such a great dog!!!

~ My school bills - Pray that while I am saving money living with Tim's parents, I will use that money to really chip away at my school bills. That's the whole reason I'm moving in with someone else...so pray that I am wise with our money and use it for the reasons Tim and I agreed on! :)

~ Strength! - This deployment is going to be a little harder than before because Tim and I are married now. Pray that I would use this time to better myself and learn how to be a better wife to Tim when he gets home. Pray that Tim would also have supernatural strength to stay awake and alert when he needs to, to always be looking for opportunities to witness and that he would stand strong in what he believes.

I'm excited for what lies ahead!! Although I think it will be challenging and lonely at times, it will be a great time to learn more about myself and really stretch and improve myself as a whole. So, here we go!!!! :)

1 comment:

Vforveracious said...

I will pray for you. I cannot say I will do it daily, but I will say some words to the Lord. I am so glad that you two have had more time together recently and I hope that the Lord will come through in ways you don't expect. like he always does! Amen. I love you both. :)