Thursday, October 1, 2009

Here's what's happening...

Since I have written on here I have officially moved in with my in-laws and gone out to see my wonderful hubby in beautiful San Diego, CA!!
Things are going well here, although this whole "not having my own place" is starting to be a little bit of a challenge for me. I get along with my in-laws great...no problems there...I'm just starting to feel like a nomad with no roots and no place to call my own. (if that makes any sense) But, this is only for a year and that is okay so I continue to push those thoughts out of my mind and just keep on keeping on! :)
I was training for a 4-mile race and ran that last weekend with a friend of mine. It was the first time I've ever trained for anything and really the first time I've ever kept up an actual workout for longer than 2 weeks, so I was really proud of being able to finish the race. I ran the race in 46:50, which is an 11:43 minute mile. Not too shabby considering when I first started running in May I could only run 5 minutes before I felt like my heart was going to beat out of my chest! I've also gone down a size and a half and am hoping to lose even more than that now that I'm hooked on running races!!!
Tim is doing well...they're training right now and are in the middle of nowhere so he's not able to call me often. Verizon is the worst carrier to have where they are, but the other Marines are nice enough to let him borrow their phones so he can talk to me. :) I very much appreciate that. Anyway, they're doing their training thing and Tim says it's been easier than he thought it was going to be....he can definitely tell people are praying, so keep it up!!!! :) I'm doing pretty well with this whole thing too. I've had a few meltdowns, but who doesn't have a meltdown now and then??!! Haha, but seriously. It's been alright and I've been keeping myself busy with lots of work and keeping up with working out, so that helps. Thank you all so much for praying and please continue to lift us up in prayer!! Especially Tim when he actually leaves to go overseas. You can never have too much prayer, right!
Gots-ta get going. I will update more later!! :)

2 comments:

Vforveracious said...

It's really great to know that you're well. Thanks for the update. I was wondering how things were going for you. I love you and I'll say a prayer for Tim right now, before I forget. And um, can I tell you that you're AWESOME because you just ran more than five minutes. I can't even run for 30 SECONDS!! Great job, you racing addict. Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

Good update! Glad to know that its easier than you thought. Yeah, Verizon does suck out there. Let us know when to start sending packages over seas! Tim made sure to request the stockings again this year, so we'll do that I'm sure.

Much love sweets!